Event: Police have heightened security in response to a threat of a possible metro attack to be conducted today, March 8. Continue to be aware of your surroundings and use caution when traveling in and around Brussels.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- U.S. Embassy in Belgium, located at 27 Boulevard du Regent/Regentlaan, 1000 Brussels. Tel. +32-2-811-4000, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, except U.S. and Belgian holidays. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +32-2-811-4000; USCitizenBrussels@state.gov.
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries.
- Belgium Country Information .
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.